Dublin was an Irish shanty town in our city during the 1800's, populated in large number by immigrant laborers. The Irish immigrants had come to Rochester to work on the Erie Canal and aqueducts, and many stayed after the Erie Canal construction was complete to work on the canal and in the flour mills.

Dublin was located east of High Falls (then called Genesee Falls).1