Eastman Dental Dispensary

InfoInfo
Search:    

full view.JPGView from East Main Street, as of November 2013. front_2.jpgClose-up of architectural detail.

Location
800 East Main Street, Rochester, NY 14607
Occupant(s)
Residential (converting to)
Property Manager
Home Leasing LLC
Property Manager's Phone
585 262 6210
Property Manager's Website
[WWW]http://www.HomeLeasing.net
Architect
Gordon, Madden and Kaelber
Construction
1917
Third-Party Websites
[WWW]Landmark Society of Western New York
[WWW]National Register of Historic Places (PDF)
[WWW]ParanormalGhostSociety.org
[WWW]URResearch.com - Historical photos
[wikipedia]Wikipedia

The Eastman Dental Dispensary is a former dental hospital and school of the University of Rochester. It was abandoned in 1978 when a new dental facility was built at the University of Rochester Medical Center.

In July 2007 the property was purchased by Scott Donaldson, a local entrepreneur who also purchased and restored the nearby Armory. It was converted to a haunted house for the 2007 Halloween season called the "House of Pain." For the most part, however, the building sat vacant until August 2013, when Home Leasing LLC and [WWW]Edgemere Development Inc. announced that they plan to redevelop the space into 57 apartments for middle- and high-income seniors.1 2

The Eastman Dental Dispensary was listed on the National Register for Historic Places in 1983. It is located on the edge of Marketview Heights, within walking distance of the East End and the Public Market.

See also:

Comments:

Note: You must be logged in to add comments