Fanny Farmer was a confectionery factory with retail stores that was started in Rochester, New York by Canadian immigrant Frank O'Connor in 1924. The name is from Fannie Farmer, a revolutionary chef and cookbook author of the same time period. Unfortunately the store opened its doors four years after her death.
The first store was opened on Main Street and quickly became successful. More stores started opening in other NY towns and cities and at its height over 350 shops were running in 22 states.
In 1992 the Archibald Candy Company acquired the brand and the stores are now all closed.