Humane Society of Greater Rochester at Lollypop Farm, is offering a "Back-to-School” Cat Adoption Specia!l" on Friday, August 22nd, and Saturday, August 23rd. Cats can be adopted for just $50, and adopters will receive a $25 gift certificate to
Target, along with “school supplies” for their kitty: food, toys, a collar and a snuggly blanket for naptime! Kittens four months old and younger can be adopted for $75. The cat adoption special is being offered as Lollypop Farm is dealing with the continued influx of unwanted cats and litters of kittens.
“We aren’t able to adopt the cats and kittens as fast as they are coming in,” said Alice Calabrese Smith, President and CEO. “As our shelter becomes more crowded, it is critical that we offer as many opportunities as possible for these cats to find loving new homes.” As for the timing of the special, Smith explains, “Now is the perfect time to adopt, while the kids are still home from school. This gives the family the time they need to adjust to their new pet.”
The reduced adoption fee includes the same year-round benefits, plus extra gifts for the new feline in the family:
• Spaying or neutering
• Feline leukemia testing
• Vaccinations and parasite treatment
• Certificate for a free health exam
• A 30-day gift of Pet Health Insurance
• Advantage flea control treatment
• Free behavior and training advice
• “Back-to-School” kit that includes: $25 gift certificate to Target (limit one per household; 60 available), a kitty collar, a 5 lb. bag of Science Diet cat food, handmade toys and a knitted kitty blanket.
The “Back-to-School” Cat Adoption Special is available at both Lollypop Farm in Fairport and at PetSmart, 790 Jefferson Road in Henrietta. The regular adoption application and approval process applies.