|1850 Nine Mile Point Road, Penfield, NY 14526 at Route 250
|Sunday School: 9:45am
|Sunday Morning: 11:00AM
|Sunday Evening: 6:00PM
|Wednesday Evening: 7:00PM
|Reformer's Unanimous 7:00PM
|Youth Group 7:00PM
|Deaf Fellowship 7:00PM
|585 388 0850
|Yes-All services are interpreted for the Deaf/HH
|<mr AT myground DOT org>
|Pastor Jim Krohn
HISTORY OF THE CHURCH
The Southeast Bible Baptist Church (SEBBC) was started by two men, Pastor G. William Woodward and Brother Gene Johnson, both from the First Bible Baptist Church in Greece. After going door-to-door for several weeks, Pastor Woodward conducted the church's first service on July 19, 1970 in a small rented church facility located at 202 E. Commercial Street in East Rochester. “Southeast” was chosen as a name for the new work, since both men felt a burden for the southeast part of Monroe County.
Over the next couple years membership grew and funds were raised, and in 1972 the church purchased an old church building from the Penfield Recreation Department and a neighboring house both located at the “four corners”of Penfield (the corner of Route 441 and Five-Mile-Line Road).
After a tremendous amount of renovation, the church moved into its new home, and church membership continued to grow.
Called to the mission field, Pastor Woodward left in 1973. Edward Lowell served as the new pastor from 1974 until 1982 when Raymond Drake came to SEBBC as the third pastor. A few years later, in 1985, Bruce Craig became the fourth pastor.
The church continued to grow and within a few short years, the decision was made to move the Pastor to his own home and use the parsonage for much-needed additional Sunday School classroom space, restrooms, and church offices. In the early 90’s, the church started to look for another place in Penfield to build a larger facility.
In 1992 the church purchased a 10 acre parcel of land at what is now the church's current location at 1850 Fairport-Nine-Mile-Point Road (Route 250) in Penfield. Construction on the new 12,000 sq. ft. building started in 1993 and was completed in early 1994 almost exclusively by the labor of the church members.
Although initially located offsite until 1994 when the building was finished, the church founded the Southeast Christian Academy, a K-12 Christian school, in 1993. The church added the Commonground Baptist Institute in 1994 and the Commonground Baptist Camp Ministry in 1995.
Over the next 10 years, with the Christian school growing, the youth ministry thriving, an increasing number of people being reached, the church again felt the need for additional space. In 2006 the church constructed a 12,000 square foot addition that included a larger auditorium, restrooms, classrooms, and office space, essentially doubling the size of the church's building.
In 2007 the church called Pastor Zac Dressner to be the Senior Pastor. Since 2007 the Southeast Christian Academy, Commonground Baptist Camp, and Commonground Baptist Institute have all reached record enrollment. Missions giving has also reached an all time high.
As of June 2014, Pastor Jim Krohn began serving as Interim Pastor. He and his wife Andrea have been in the church since 1990. He left a great career at Xerox to minister more fully at the church.
Note: You must be logged in to add comments