Sigmund Firestone was the designer and (architect of record) of the Monroe Community Hospital and worked closely with Thomas Boyde, Jr on the building. Firestone was a master of classical revival, being trained in East Germany. 1
Firestone also designed the Harro East Building
"Harro East(14), 400 Andrews Street, is located on the south side of Andrews Street at the corner of Liberty Pole Way.Built as the Jewish Young Men’s & Women’s Association, the “JY” opened its doors in 1936. Today, the triangle-shaped building, now Harro East, a private athletic club, with office space on the top floors, and a theater on the main level, attractively anchors this corner of downtown. The Georgian Revival-style building, designed by architect Sigmund Firestone, features decorative woodwork, interior plaster and exterior stonework. In the 1970s the “JY,” now called the Jewish Community Center, moved to Brighton and the building was sold to the Freddie L. Thomas Foundation"
Firestone's name is largly forgotten, except for his relation to a twin pair of portraits Diago & Frida made for him shortly after their wedding.
Note: You must be logged in to add comments