Burton Hall is an upper-classmen housing facility located on the Residential Quad, which consists of Burton, Tiernan, Lovejoy, Crosby, Hoeing, and Gilbert, at the University of Rochester. It is located across the street from the Delta Upsilon Fraternity, and is next to Lovejoy and Crosby. Its location is also convenient for walking to Wilson Commons or the Academic Quad. Other housing includes Slater House in Phase.
Burton is a co-ed dormitory with 4 floors: Burton 0, 1, 2, and 3. The total occupancy is about 120 students, with either singles or doubles available. Each floor has two bathrooms and a kitchen that has a stove and an oven. The basement floor includes a laundry room. One of Burton's special features is that each room comes equipped with its own sink. The Tiernan Project, a community service interest floor, is located on the second floor of Burton.
Burton Hall is named for Professor Henry F. Burton, who was a professor of Latin and the president of the university from 1898 to 1900. In the 1920's, the west end of Burton 1 was assigned to the Men's Faculty Club. Starting in 1974 and lasting for 10 years, Burton 0 was once the home of the Omega Fraternity, an offshoot of Alpha Epsilon Pi.