B. Forman's was a department store and mainstay of the Rochester downtown in its heyday.
B. Formans's was incorporated in 1912 and operated a store at 46 Clinton Avenue. The founder's son, Maurice Forman, later took over the business, expanded it and attracted fame by co-developing the Midtown Plaza with Gilbert McCurdy and moving the store into the plaza.
Notes and References
Tax Dispute Appeals Court Documents from a tax dispute argued in June 1971 and decided in 1972 contain information regarding Midtown, Forman and McCurdy.