|474 East Avenue, Rochester NY, 14607|
|Property Owner's Phone|
|585 435 2538|
|Property Owner's Websites|
|2015 - Renovations|
The Pitkin-Powers House is a rectangular Greek Revival structure in the East Avenue Historic District. It was built by William Pitkin, an early merchant and druggist, around 1840. He was married to Louisa Lucinda Rochester, daughter of Nathaniel Rochester. Later it was owned by Daniel Powers, a prominent banker, investor and art collector. The third story was added in 1900.
The building was scheduled for demolition in 1958 before a group of Rochester business leaders stepped in to preserve it. They purchased the home and donated it to the Boy Scouts, who stayed there more than 50 years before moving this year to a new in 2014.
The current structure is 18,000 square feet and will be split up between 9 apartments with rents ranging from $1,600 for a 1 bedroom to $3,800 for the penthouse with roof access. The owner Daniel Pelusio is currently the president of Rochester Linoleum & Carpet One.
Note: You must be logged in to add comments