Carthage Landing (a.k.a. Carthage) was a port on the banks of the Genesee River in Rochester, NY. The area is located about one mile to the north of the Lower Falls and near what is now the Veterans Memorial Bridge.
Carthage is one of the area's earliest settlements, dating back to the 1790's and at it's height was known as the largest port on Lake Ontario, with ships on an average day waiting in line to load and unload their goods. It was also a popular fishing spot for the locals.
At the top of the high banks by way of an inclined railway was the village of Carthage. During a depression in the area and for financial reasons the railway was replaced by a winding road leading up the east bank, which is now named after famous Rochesterian Seth Green for his contributions to the local fish culture.
The area was incorporated in with the city in 1834 and was renamed North Rochester.